Terms and Conditions
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR HOBGOBLIN ROAD TRIP 2015 PROMOTION
Main Prize: 1x Music holiday in association with ‘LoveMusicTravel’
Runner up Prizes: 2x Beer for a year (180 x Hobgoblin and 180 x Hobgoblin Gold bottles), 15x Goody Bags
Instant Win Prizes: 50x instant win prizes each week including T-shirts, Festival flags or cases of Hobgoblin beer (8 x 500ml bottle)
Opening Date/Time: 12:00pm on Friday 5th June 2015
Closing Date/Time: 12:00am on Tuesday 1st December 2015
No. of Entries: Entrants may enter the promotion a maximum of one time per 48 hours
- A new category will be added to the Road Trip quiz each week (total of 5 categories).
- At the end of each week (see Website for closing dates and times), the 3 top scores for that category (or 3 randomly selected scores if more than 3 people have the same or equal scores) will each win a Goody Bag. The category/quiz will remain open after this time for a chance to be entered into the grand prize draw, but for entries submitted after the weekly closing date there will be no more Goody Bag wins.
- At the closing date of the promotion (12:00pm on Tuesday 1st December 2015), the top three scores from each category (including for the avoidance of doubt any scores from late entries) will be automatically entered into a grand prize draw to win the Main Prize or one of the Runner Up Prizes of Beer for a Year. Strictly one entry to the grand prize draw per person.
- All entrants can potentially win one of the Instant Win Prizes per day on the instant win prize allocation on submission of your entry (subject to availability – please refer to the Website). If the weekly allocation isn’t won, it will be rolled-over to the following week.
1. The Promoter is Marston’s PLC (company number 00031461) (trading as “Wychwood Brewery”) with its registered office at Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton WV1 4JT (the “Promoter”).
2. This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over, except for employees/directors of the Promoter, such employees/directors’ immediate families/households or anyone else professionally involved with this promotion.
3. This is an online promotion and internet access is required to participate. To enter, prospective entrants must go to www.wychwood.co.uk/roadtrip (the “Website“) and register their details or login to an existing account. Entrants must not use a false name or email or provide any false information when registering for use of the Website / the promotion. Entrants shall not share or disclose their login details or password to any third party. The Promoter may refuse, remove, or suspend registration at any time.
4. By entering the promotion, all Entrants consent to their user name being posted on the Website in the form of a leaderboard of winning/top entries. The Promoter will endeavor to ensure that the leaderboard is up to date, but this is not a live system and accepts no liability in this regard.
5. There is no purchase necessary.
6. Entrants may only enter the promotion via the Website and entries by email, post or facsimile will not be accepted.
7. Any entries which have been submitted using scripts, automated systems, collaborative practices or via a third party for commercial gain will be deemed invalid.
8. Entrants may use the Website, and enter the promotion, for personal non-commercial use only.
9. The answers to the quiz questions will be pre-determined by the Promoter following a reasonable amount of verification. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Please refer to the promotional page on the Website for full details of the prizes on offer.
11. Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash equivalent is available.
12. Whilst the Promoter will make every effort to honour the advertised prize(s), the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize with an alternative of a similar value if circumstances dictate this.
13. Instant Win Prize allocation is awarded randomly. It is possible that there are no prizes capable of being won at the point of entry. Please refer to the Website for further details.
14. The Main Prize is fulfilled by ‘LoveMusicTravel’ and may be subject to additional terms and conditions, such as restrictions on dates and locations.
Prize Draw Winners
15. All prize winners will be selected at random from all complete, eligible and properly submitted entries received. Winning entrants will receive their prizes on the date specified or within 28 days of notification of being successful.
Limits on the Promoter’s responsibilities and Indemnities
16. Winners agree to be fully responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and/or tax liabilities incurred in claiming and using the prizes.
17. Winners will be notified using the contact details they submitted on the Website. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to contact the winning entrants to arrange for the delivery of the prize, but if there is no response within 14 days, or the contact details are invalid, the Promoter reserves the right to (randomly) re-allocate the prize without liability to the first winner.
18. The Promoter will not be responsible for losses, failures or delays relating to circumstances beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) acts of God, war, strikes, disputes or the acts or defaults of any supplier of the prizes.
19. The Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury to an entrant that is not reasonably foreseeable. The Promoter’s responsibility for any damage, loss or injury to an entrant under these terms and conditions or otherwise in connection with the promotion shall be limited to the value of the prize won by the entrant.
20. The Promoter will not be responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit entrants’ ability to participate in the promotion. The Promoter does not guarantee that the Website will be operational on any specific device or system or that it will be error free or available all the time.
21. The Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from entry into the promotion or a winner’s acceptance and/or use of the prize.
22. The Promoter will be liable for any death or personal injury arising from its negligence. Nothing in these terms and conditions will exclude that liability or any other liability, which it is not lawful to exclude.
23. Each entrant will indemnify (and will keep indemnified) the Promoter and its affiliates against all costs, claims, losses, damages, expenses (including legal expenses) or other liability arising as a result of a breach of these terms and conditions, negligence or any other action which imposes an unreasonable burden on the Website including (but not limited to) the use of software robots.
25. All winning entrants agree to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter without recompense.
26. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. The name and county of the main prize winners can be obtained for up to 6 months following the closing date by sending a self-addressed envelope to the Promoter’s address set out above citing the name of the promotion.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants who the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing are in breach of these conditions.
29. The Website may contain links to other websites, including those belonging to the Promoter’s partners. These links are provided for convenience and are not under the control of the Promoter and as such we make no warranty, either expressed or implied, concerning the content of such sites including claims of infringement or that such sites are devoid of viruses or error free.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice at any time, for whatever reason, and without liability to any entrants for doing so. Please check these terms and conditions regularly as any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the Website.
31. The rights and remedies of the Promoter under these terms and conditions are without prejudice to its rights under the law.
32. These terms and conditions shall not create any rights or benefits enforceable by any third party by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
33. These terms and conditions are made under English law. Any dispute or claim that an entrant or the Promoter brings in relation to or in connection with these terms and conditions or the promotion will be decided on the basis of English law by the English courts alone.
34. It is not the intention of this promotion in any way to encourage people to consume excessive amounts of alcohol. The Promoter encourages responsible drinking at all times.